Car sharing is a car rental that allows almost anyone to get a car for a certain period of time for a fee, a kind of rental.
However, in this relatively young industry for Ukraine, there are already many problems such as fines for drivers for violating the Rules of the Road of Ukraine, or incidents related to road accidents. Such troubles that arose while using a rented car lead to further litigation.
WHY APPEAL TO A CARSHERING LAWYER?
Legal assistance in the field of car sharing may be needed both by owners of rented cars and by persons who rent such cars.
Consider the option of legal protection for car landlords. It can be as follows:
- Damage to the car (scratches, body beat, etc.);
- The use of other people’s personal data to rent a car;
- Disappearance of things from the car, its separate parts, documents;
- Illegal possession of a vehicle;
Car renters may need legal assistance in the following:
- Write-off of excess funds through the application of car sharing;
- Prosecution for violation of traffic rules of Ukraine which the tenant did not commit;
- Prosecution for violation of traffic rules of Ukraine with which the tenant does not agree;
- Disputes arising from a traffic accident.
CARSHERING AGREEMENT AND NECESSARY DOCUMENTS
In the field of car sharing, a significant role is played by the contract itself, which implies the following obligations and guarantees for both parties.
To conclude the contract, the tenant must provide identity documents, proof of experience of the driver for at least two years, information about the bank account for the relevant payments.
Relevant information on the ownership of the rented car and information on the legal entity must be provided by the landlord.
The contract must provide for provisions that establish the cost of renting a car within the current tariffs. The cost under the car-sharing contract is set based on the class and cost of the car, the cost of insurance, additional services. In addition, the contract should provide for the above risks, ways and means of resolving them between the tenant and the landlord, as well as the procedure for resolving disputes at the pre-trial stage.
A car-sharing lawyer is able to help both after the emergence of problematic situations in this area, and during the conclusion of the car-sharing contract to prevent further possible trouble.