Apparently, the crossing of the sovereign cordon of Ukraine between military and military personnel during the war period will significantly interfere. Only certain categories of individuals can override the cordon if they are subject to official Ukrainian legislation. In this article, we look at the peculiarities of people traveling beyond the cordon, which helps support disabled people through the cordon. A guide when traveling beyond the border on legal grounds is one of the services of our law firm Prikhodko and Partners.
Legislative food base
To eliminate any confusion with representatives of the border service, it is time to cross the border of the sovereign cordon to know who has the right to provide special escort for people with special needs.
Obviously, up to the proper legislation, the cordon can be crossed by people who are members of the squad of I, II or III disability groups. In the vicinity of the squad, there may be fathers of a military convict or father of a friend with a diagnosed Group 1 or 2 disability.
In this manner, one can claim the right to support for a disabled person across the cordon:
- A person (both physical and legal) who constantly provides professional supervision over people with disabilities (especially in the presence of all supporting documents).
- Individuals who have family relationships with people with special needs (for example, older children can accompany their parents and others).
- Representatives of organizations that carry out sustainable social work are involved in looking after people with special needs.
A package of documents that will be needed to cross the border
In order to accompany a disabled person across the border, it is necessary to collect a whole package of documents. Its components depend on who the conscript accompanies. Let’s consider this issue in more detail.
- Accompanying a disabled wife
The wife, who has been diagnosed with a disability, is accompanied abroad by her official husband. An important condition is the presence of documents that will serve as confirmation of family ties and disability (certificate of MSEK establishing disability, pension certificate, marriage certificate).
It can be accompanied by both one’s own parents and the parents of the wife. In order to legally cross the border in this case, you will need to prepare the following documents:
- Confirmation of family ties (Certificates: of marriage, of birth; an extract obtained from the state register of cohabitation).
- Pensioner’s certificate.
- Certificate of MSEK on the assignment of disability of the II group.
- An act of the need to establish permanent care for a person and a certificate of LKK.
Outside of Ukraine, children can be accompanied by: father, mother, adoptive parents, adult brothers/sisters and a number of other categories. The main condition is the presence of relevant supporting documents:
- Documents – confirmation of family ties (if accompanied by a father or mother).
- Documents – confirmation of the relevant authority of the person accompanying a child with a disability. These documents will be needed in cases where the child’s non-natural parents (i.e. guardian, guardian, foster parents, adoptive parents) are accompanying the child. The above documents must be approved by a specialist in the form of a notarized copy and the originals must be provided.
Assistance of professional lawyers in accompanying a disabled person across the border
Lawyers Prykhodko and Partners provide a full range of services related to accompanying persons with disabilities. We will help you to prepare the documents you need for departure. We will also provide detailed information on the departure procedure and the package of necessary documents. If you received a refusal from the representatives of the border service to legally cross the border, our lawyers will also help you solve this problem. We provide escort when crossing the border.
Do you still have questions? We are waiting for a preliminary consultation! To calculate the cost of a lawyer’s consulting and support services when crossing the border, fill out the form below.