"The expected result from our work is our norm. Giving the client more than he expects is our goal."

Sulyk Roman

Head of family law practice

Expert in the field of family, civil, labor law, intellectual property law

Contact now


Sulyk Roman
Head of family law practice

Expert in the field of family, civil, labor law, intellectual property law

Contact now

Persons who are in difficult life circumstances and cannot independently provide household self-service are entitled to receive permanent care. This care is established in order to reduce the impact of such circumstances, minimize their consequences, or even implement prevention, if possible.

Who is eligible for permanent care

The following categories may qualify for such care:

  • those who have a disability since childhood, regardless of current age;
  • people with a disability of group I;
  • those who have reached the age of 80;
  • people with a persistent mental illness and group I or II disability in connection with it;
  • elderly citizens and people with disabilities who are unable to self-service.

In all these cases, the person is entitled to receive permanent care.

Registration procedure

To arrange permanent care for such a person, you should contact the guardianship authority and provide the following list of documents:

  • A statement that you want to provide ongoing care for a specific person.
  • Your passport (both the original and a copy are required). A passport of the person to be cared for is also required.
  • Medical certificate. It is important that the person wishing to provide such care is in good health himself.
  • Certificate of registration of your place of residence.
  • Documents on the ownership of property or the right to use it.
  • Certificate from the medical commission, confirming that, due to their state of health, a person needs constant care.

If we are talking about a capable person who can be aware of his actions, but needs care due to a state of health, his consent is required. Therefore, when it comes to a pensioner, he must also write an application to appoint a person who will provide him with permanent care.

Legal support in these matters allows you to get qualified advice and support for all the processes you need. This simplifies interaction with government agencies and allows you to do everything qualitatively at once, without contacting authorized institutions several times to obtain certificates and other documents. Our team has sufficient experience in such matters, so you get the opportunity to properly speed up and optimize, without delaying the processing of care for a long time.

Permanent care is established not only for incapacitated persons. Therefore, the procedure is simpler than establishing guardianship and does not require a prior court decision.

Why they can refuse to apply for care

These reasons may include:

  • unreliability of submitted documents;
  • inadequate housing conditions of a person who wants to take the person he plans to take care of;
  • the absence of a real need for the person being cared for in such care. Representatives of social services determine how much the household services of a person who will be cared for really depend on outside help.

Well, it is important not to forget that in order to provide constant care for a person in need, cohabitation must be provided. If the act of verification by the social service does not confirm the fact of cohabitation, this is the basis for refusing both to arrange care and to assign appropriate compensation.

What a Carer Gets

According to the current law “On social services”, an individual who provides permanent care for another in a non-business format is entitled to compensation from the state. Our specialists will advise you in detail on the amount of such compensation and the conditions for obtaining it. A person who constantly takes care of another and, in connection with this, cannot work, receives this care as part of his insurance record.

Well, another advantage that the caretaker receives is the ability to travel abroad even during martial law. Of course, we are not talking about leaving independently, but about leaving as an accompanying person who is being cared for. The caregiver is also not subject to mobilization.

If you want to simplify and speed up the procedure for registration of care, the team of the law office “Prikhodko and Partners” will help you with this.

Calculate the cost of services

1 question

Are you in Kyiv or Kyiv region?


2 question

Have you already contacted the guardianship and guardianship authorities on your issue?


3 question

Do you need legal help urgently?

If we do not
call back
during the day
Leave a request for legal assistance right now:
The best lawyers
Fair price
We work quickly
Online / offline consultation