"We solve customer problems as they arise".

Mazur Yelyzaveta

Lawyer specializing in migration law - processing documents on the territory of Ukraine, European Union countries (Poland, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Romania), providing visa assistance for Ukrainian citizens and foreigners.

Contact now


Emigration is defined as departure to another country for permanent residence. It can be both with the exit from Ukrainian citizenship and with its preservation, if a person simply issued a permanent residence permit in another country.

The team of the law firm “Prikhodko & Partners” is often approached with questions about emigration. So advising clients in these inquiries is one of our key specializations. Let’s talk about several important aspects related to this topic.

What do you need to know about leaving citizenship?

With regard to leaving the citizenship of Ukraine, it can be exclusively voluntary. A person cannot be deprived of Ukrainian citizenship. In order for the exit procedure to be carried out, the presence of the person himself or an authorized person representing his interests is required.

It is also worth knowing that it is impossible to leave the citizenship of Ukraine without obtaining the citizenship of another country. That is, if relinquishing Ukrainian citizenship leads to the fact that a person acquires the legal status of a stateless person, this will become an obstacle to the procedure.

With regard to the relinquishment of Ukrainian citizenship by children aged 14 to 18, a notarized written consent from the child is required, even if the decision is made by the parents.

How long does the departure procedure take?

As practice shows, the procedure for leaving Ukraine is quite lengthy. Review of documents takes up to 3 months. As a result, a person receives a deregistration mark in his passport, and a stamp in his foreign passport certifying departure to a permanent place of residence. Next, the person is removed from the register at the State Internal Revenue Service and placed on the register at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This means that further departure and subsequent actions in the legal field, which will take place abroad, will be carried out precisely with a foreign passport.

What are the steps to go through for emigration?

In order for everything to be successful, first you need to collect all the documents and submit them to the Social Security Administration. So, among the documents, it is important to note the following:

  • Birth certificates of everyone who will leave. It can also be a relevant extract from the RACS authorities.
  • All documentation that confirms the change of surname (if you did not change your surname or first name, then this item is not relevant for you).
  • Notarized statement-consent from the husband or wife who will remain in Ukraine. This applies to situations where only one of the spouses wants to emigrate.
  • Notarized statement-consent of parents or their death certificate.
  • Notarized statement-consent of a child aged 14 and over when parents leave with her.
  • Application form (in 2 copies), certified by the place of work. When it comes to people who do not work, in this case it means the place of registration.
  • Copies of the passport of a citizen of Ukraine (all pages with a mark) and the passport for traveling abroad (1 page).
  • 4 photo cards 3.5×4.5 (in the same format as a passport). This applies to all travelers except children under the age of 7.
  • Receipt for the payment of the payment provided for this service to the State Internal Revenue Service.
  • Copy of TIN and employment book.
  • Certificate of residence registration from the regional reference bureau.

When these documents are submitted to the State Internal Revenue Service, you need to wait about 3 months for the decision of this state body. If it is positive, you will need to add some more documents.


How can we help?

If you need consultation and legal support for the emigration procedure, the migration law lawyers of the law firm “Prikhodko & Partners” are ready to provide these services. We understand well that in such complex matters it is important to understand not only the legal norms relevant to you, but also how they will be applied in the practical plane of your situation. This is exactly why you need the help of truly professional lawyers.

We provide support services in obtaining visas to EU countries and the USA, accompany the procedure of obtaining citizenship of other countries, obtaining a residence permit and legalization. If you are opening a business in another country, our services may also be appropriate here. It is not only consultations, but also support when opening bank accounts and preparing the necessary documentation. In a word, the range of services that will make your life easier in the mentioned matters is quite large.

To get advice or help from a lawyer on migration law – fill out the form on our website and we will contact you soon.

Calculate the cost of services
1 question

Are you planning to emigrate from Ukraine?

2 question

Are you interested in applying for a visa?

3 question

Are you interested in extending your foreign passport?

4 question

Do you want to receive advice on emigration?

How helpful was the article? Rate:


Count of grades:


If we do not
call back
during the day

Articles on the topic:

Facts, not fictional reviews and a dry list of logos.

Law Company
Leave a request for legal assistance right now:
The best lawyers
Fair price
We work quickly
Online / offline consultation
Any questions?

Why postpone, describe the task now and you will be surprised how quickly we will provide an answer!

Describe the task