Head of migration law practice, master of law, expert in the field of migration law.

Contact now

Accompanying marriages with a foreigner

Petryk Tetiana

Head of migration law practice, master of law, expert in the field of migration law.

Contact now

Marriage with a foreign citizen has legal consequences, no matter what motives led to its conclusion, romantic or pragmatic. Under any circumstances, it is necessary to draw up all the documents correctly and in accordance with the law so as not to leave grounds for disputes and legal proceedings.

Legal assistance in registration of marriage from specialists of the law firm “Prikhodko & Partners”

Important! If experienced lawyers are involved in solving the problem, the participation of interested parties (future spouses) is minimized. In particular, a lawyer can deal with all the necessary preliminary preparation of documents, so that then the foreign bride or groom will spend only one day on the wedding.

At all stages of the process, clients are provided with advice and prompt answers to emerging questions. The range of services from the lawyers of our company includes:

translation and notarization of documents;

obtaining certificates (from the State Migration Service and the State Border Service of Ukraine, if required);

accompanying the submission of documents to the civil registry office, optionally – filing an application online;

accompanying during the wedding and legalization of the obtained marriage certificate (apostille affixing);

recommendations regarding obtaining a visa for wife or husband.

Legal nuances of marriage with a foreigner

For your information! Having entered into a marriage with a citizen of Ukraine, a foreigner has the right:

  • to immediately obtain a residence permit without leaving the country of their citizenship;
  • to obtain citizenship in two years without even living in Ukraine.

The list of documents from a non-resident for a marriage requires a minimum, it includes:

  • passport with a notarized translation;
  • certificate or court decision on the dissolution of the previous marriage (if for a foreigner this is not the first marriage);
  • for holders of passports issued less than 6 months ago – a certificate from the border service of Ukraine.

For your information! The fundamental point in this case is the legalization of documents (affixing an apostille or consular legalization, depending on the availability of international agreements between Ukraine and the country of citizenship of the foreigner), as well as their notarized translation into Ukrainian. Translation of documents must be done only in Ukraine. Certification of such a translation by a foreign notary is not allowed.

An experienced lawyer will not miss a single important detail! Contact us!

Calculate the cost of services

1 question

Do you have problems getting married because you or your future wife is a foreigner / foreigner?


2 question

Are you interested in getting married in a day?


3 question

Do you want to get married and do not want to delve into paperwork?

If we do not call back during the day
We give you the opportunity to choose
  • The best specialist
  • At the best price
  • In the right place
  • At the right time
Any questions?

Why postpone, describe the task now and you will be surprised how quickly we will provide an answer!

Describe the task