Patents are a key tool for protecting intellectual property and promoting innovation. And patent purity ensures legal protection of innovations and free use of technologies and inventions in accordance with the laws of the country.
Patent purity allows unimpeded use of this object of intellectual property in a specific country, without violating existing patents belonging to other persons. This characteristic guarantees the possibility of registration and application of the technology without the risk of litigation and compensation of losses to rights holders due to infringement of their patents.
The purpose of checking the patent purity allows to determine the patentability of the object and possible conflicts with already existing patents.
The importance of checking patent purity
Checking patent purity is a mandatory stage for everyone who wants to get a patent for their invention or use new technologies. Here are a few reasons why this is so important:
- Legal Protection. Patent purity allows you to secure ownership of your innovation and the ability to demand that others stop infringing your patent.
- Avoiding Conflicts. If your invention infringes an existing patent, it can lead to time-consuming and costly litigation.
- Protection of Investments. Investors are more inclined to invest in projects that have a high level of legal protection.
- Continuation of Innovations. Patent purity allows inventors to use existing technologies to create new ideas and inventions without being limited by legal restrictions.
Patent purity check process
Checking patent purity is a complex and important process. It includes the following steps:
- Patent Search and Analysis: Search for and analyze similar patents and other publications (articles, scientific studies, and other sources of information) that may be relevant to your invention.
- Risk Assessment: It is necessary to determine whether your invention infringes existing patent rights. This requires a detailed analysis of all signs and characteristics, as a result of which the risk of patent denial and violation of patent rights of other persons is assessed.
- Strategy development. Determining how a new patent can be adapted to avoid infringement (if there are analogues in the patent purity check) or if you have determined that your invention does not infringe existing patent rights – you can develop a strategy for obtaining a patent and its further use.
- Patent Filing: Applying the information found to a new patent, taking into account the results of the patent purity check, and identifying and correcting any wording that may be vague, vague or open to interpretation and excluding vague or undefined terms.
Tools for checking patent purity include patent databases, analytics and software. However, this process still remains quite complex for the following reasons:
- Large volume of data: There are now a large number of patents, which makes searching and analysis more difficult
- Changing legal regulation: Patenting rules are constantly changing, which requires constant updating of knowledge.
- Internationalization: Considering international patents in the examination is becoming an increasingly important task, as patents have priority from the date of initial filing (even outside the country).
Checking patent purity is an important prerequisite for obtaining and protecting innovation patents. A thorough examination of patent purity is an important stage in the development of intellectual property and stimulates progress in all areas of technology and innovation. Taking into account the fact that this process is quite complicated in view of the volume of data and the need for special knowledge and sources to correctly determine the patent purity of the object, turning to the help of specialists – intellectual property lawyers Prykhodko and partners is one of the ways to guarantee a high-quality and complete verification of your object, obtaining full support in choosing clear and correct wording, as well as ensuring obtaining a patent as a result of the registration procedure.
To calculate the cost of a patent purity check in our company, leave your contact details in the form below and our specialists from Prykhodko and partners will help you with the patent purity check of your technology.