Recently, the new law “On stimulating the development of the digital economy in Ukraine” came into force, which caused many questions and clarifications, both from the side of employees and lawyers and accountants.
Let’s consider its main characteristics:
- The gig contract is concluded in writing in accordance with the requirements of the law. It is allowed to conclude such a contract in electronic form and agree to the terms;
- The gig contract provides for the possibility to integrate the norms of Non-Disclosure (NDA) and Non-Competition (NCA) agreements or conclude them in the form of annexes to the contract;
- Legislation regulating wages is not determinative in relation related to the gig contract. The gig contract gives the parties autonomy in determining the size and procedure of payment;
- The average amount of monthly payments under such a contract must be at least 1,200 euros.
A gig contract can be terminated in the following cases:
- by agreement of the parties;
- after the expiration of the contract;
- if there is a unilateral refusal of the DiyaCity resident company or gig specialist;
- in case the employer loses the status of a resident of Diya City;
- for other reasons stipulated by the gig contract.
Law company “Prikhodko and Partners” can provide useful advice to gig specialists who contact us with legal issues and need legal support.
Here are a few ways we can help:
- Gig contract advice: We can provide gig professionals with professional legal advice on the drafting, approval, and terms of gig contracts. We will help to understand the legal aspects and risks associated with contracts and offer optimal solutions to protect their rights and interests.
- Protection of rights and interests: In the event of a conflict between gig specialists and DiyaCity resident companies, we will provide them with legal support in court and extrajudicial procedures. We will defend their rights and interests, develop defense strategies and represent their interests before the court or other relevant authorities.
- Regulatory support: We will provide gig professionals with information and advice on legislation related to the gig economy and employment. We will help them understand the legal restrictions, requirements, and rights that apply to their work, and develop strategies for compliance with the law.
- Contract drafting and negotiation: Our company can provide professional assistance to gig specialists in the process of drafting and negotiating contracts. We will ensure their interests during the conclusion of agreements, taking into account legal aspects and protecting their rights.
- Contract Addendum Development: We can help gig professionals integrate Non-Disclosure (NDA) and Non-Competition (NCA) agreements or draft them as gig contract addenda, ensuring their confidentiality and protection from competition.
Our law firm is ready to provide gig specialists with comprehensive legal support, ensuring their safety and protection in the gig economy.
We work for the benefit of our clients, helping them understand the complexity of legal processes and ensuring their successful functioning in this area.