The development of innovations in the field of finance, including the technological component (FinTech), opens up new opportunities for financial companies, giving them the opportunity to improve the quality, accessibility, and efficiency of providing services in the field of finance to the population and corporate clients, ensuring sustainable development for company owners and supporting the economic growth of the country.
Establishing a financial company in Ukraine requires compliance with certain legal requirements and passing a number of mandatory stages.
Based on the license of the National Bank of Ukraine (hereinafter – the Regulator), financial companies have the right to provide the following financial services:
- given to me as a loan of money and bank notes metals;
- granting guarantees;
- financial leasing;
- trade currency values;
- money transfer services (without opening an account) and/ or acquiring payment tools.
Registration of financial companies, including obtaining licenses for various types of financial services, combines both common requirements for all applicants and additional requirements depending on the type of activity.
In order to obtain the appropriate license, the applicant must submit the following documents and information to the Regulator:
- statement ;
- business plan ( general description of foundation, organization, and further development business of the applicant ) ;
- necessary for identification and evaluation of compliance founders and/ or participants, in particular, concerning owner’s essential participation;
- for evaluation financial condition and sources of capital of the applicant;
- about compliance with the applicant’s conditions for implementation of a specific type of financial services;
- which confirm the qualification requirements of the applicant and responsible persons;
- ownership structure of the applicant;
- management and control system;
- policies and regulations companies;
- name, trademark, website;
- a copy of the charter;
- on payment of services for consideration documents (size established by the Regulator);
- conclusion of concentrations and/ or concentration permit from the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine (in the cases stipulated legislation);
- a copy placement report shares and certificate of issue shares approved National Commission on valuables securities and the stock market (for joint-stock societies).
The applicant is obliged to provide a minimum amount of authorized capital, paid in cash form.
The regulator accepts decisions concerning issues or refusal of extradition license within 60 days from the date receiving from the applicant the necessary package of documents.
The regulator has the right to invite additional information/documents and/ or explanations that are necessary for verification and/ or require correction of shortcomings.
The regulator enters information about the applicant and financial services (specified in the license) into the Register within three days from the date of the decision to issue a license.
Registration of a financial company in Ukraine is a complex and multifaceted process that requires compliance with the strict requirements of current legislation and the provisions of the Regulator.
For registration, it is necessary to determine the type of company, meet the requirements for authorized capital, professional qualifications of authorized persons, premises, and technical equipment, obtain a license for financial activities from the Regulator, and take into account many other nuances and details.
The lawyers of the company “Prikhodko and Partners” have successfully completed all these procedures for our clients.
Contact us and we will guarantee the professional preparation of documents and information necessary for the registration of your financial company and provide legal support at every stage of the registration procedure.