Criminal practice
Anti-corruption measures
Arbitrage practice
Legal assistance
State registration
Migration services
real estate and construction
Accounting outsourcing
Tax practice


The registration of ownership rights to individual (manor) residential buildings, gardens, cottages, outbuildings and outbuildings, annexes thereto (hereinafter referred to as “dwelling houses”) completed by construction up to August 5, 1992 is regulated by the Law of Ukraine “On State Registration of Material rights on real estate and their encumbrances ”dated 01.07.2004 № 1952-IV and the Procedure of state registration of real rights on immovable property and their encumbrances by the approved resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of December 25, 2015 No. 1127.

In order to register ownership of a dwelling house built before August 5, 1992, it is necessary to contact state registrars of executive bodies of village, settlement and city councils, district state administrations, accredited entities, or private and public notaries.

For state registration of rights, it is necessary to submit the original documents required for proper registration, the original and a copy of the passport, the identification number of the applicant, as well as a document confirming payment of the administrative fee for state registration of rights in the amount of 0.1 subsistence minimum for able-bodied persons.

For state registration of the ownership of residential buildings completed by August 5, 1992, the following are submitted:

1) technical passport for the real estate object;

2) a document confirming the assignment of the real estate object to the address.

However, when the state registration of the property right is carried out for a residential building built on the land plot, the ownership of which is registered in the State Register of Rights, a document confirming the assignment of the real estate object to the address is not required. In such a case, the application must always indicate the cadastral number of the respective land plot.

However, if residential buildings were built before August 5, 1992 and are located in the territories of village, settlement, city councils, which, in accordance with the legislation, kept economic records, instead of the above documents, the following may be submitted:

1) a document certifying the real right to the land on which the real property is located, including the decision of the relevant council to transfer (lease) the land for use or ownership or information on the transfer (lease) of the land for use, or property from the business book;

2) an excerpt from the business book, provided by the executive body of the village council (if such body is not created, by the village head), settlement, city council or the corresponding archival institution.

Author: Mykola Baranovsky

Share in