NEW DBNS ALLOWED TO DESIGN KITCHEN-FURNITURE IN ALL APARTMENTS
In the newsletter of the Ministry of Regional Development, Construction and Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine No. 8 of August 20, 2019 published new state building codes for the design of residential buildings – DBN B.2.2-15: 2019 “Residential buildings. Substantive provisions”. They are introducing a number of fundamental changes in the construction and reconstruction of housing and will be effective from December 1 this year.
Yes, new rules:
– allow to design kitchen niches in apartments;
– increase the requirements for housing energy efficiency, inclusivity and affordability;
– regulate mandatory elevators from the 4th floor;
– remove the outdated norm to design radio points in each apartment;
– allow the incorporation of public institutions on any floors and other changes.
The norms will come into force as of December 1, this year, are binding and apply to new construction, reconstruction, overhaul and refurbishment of residential buildings up to 73.5 m inclusive.
Higher-rise residential buildings are governed by building regulations for high-rise buildings.
Author: Mykola Baranovsky