Temporary residence permit in Ukraine. What are the grounds for obtaining a residence permit in Ukraine?
Foreign citizens who legally temporarily stay on the territory of Ukraine have the right to apply for a temporary residence permit in Ukraine for a period of one year, having at the same time the grounds provided for by law. In some cases, a temporary residence permit can be obtained for two or three years.
You can submit documents to the bodies of the migration service at your place of residence, or to auxiliary centers that are equipped with the latest information systems, such as the Passport Service, or centers for the provision of administrative services-CPAU, on the basis of which services for foreign citizens are provided (in the city of Kiev several CPAUs are authorized to provide such administrative services).
According to the law, it is possible to obtain a temporary residence permit if there are the following grounds:
1. Marriage with a citizen / citizen of Ukraine. One of the easiest and most realistic ways to obtain a temporary residence permit on the territory of Ukraine. To do this, you need to provide a passport and a notarized translation of the foreigner’s passport, marriage certificate and passport document of the wife.
2. Employment in the territory of Ukraine. If a foreign citizen has an official job in Ukraine or is a founder / co-founder or director of his own company created in Ukraine, consistently pays taxes to the state and enriches the country’s economy with his activities – he is entitled to a temporary residence permit for 1.2 or 3 years.
3. Studying at a Ukrainian university. Persons who have reached the age of 16 or have not reached the age of 16, who have arrived in Ukraine with the aim of getting an education at a Ukrainian university, have the right to receive a temporary residence permit in Ukraine. To do this, it is necessary to present supporting documents from the university on enrollment for studies and a study contract, a passport with a notarized translation.
4. Participation in international assistance projects. Projects of this kind are approved by various central authorities in Ukraine, for example, the Ministry of Regional Development.
5. Participation in an international or regional volunteer program. According to this category, it is necessary to provide proof of inclusion of a charitable foundation or organization in the Register of Non-Profit Organizations, an extract of registration of SMEs and registration documents.
In all cases, it is also necessary to present medical insurance for the period of registration of a residence permit and proof of your legal stay in Ukraine for the period of applying for a temporary residence permit. For countries with a visa entry – you must have a D visa, for countries with a non-visa entry – the period of stay is no more than 90 days (for citizens of the Republic of Belarus – 180 days). Submission of a package of documents for obtaining a temporary residence permit must be at least 15 working days before the end of the period for legal stay in Ukraine. It takes 15 working days to issue a temporary residence permit.
Over the past couple of years, the number of refusals by the State Migration Service to issue a temporary residence permit has sharply increased. The reasons for the refusals are provided for by the Procedure approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 322 of 25.04.2018. The most common reason for refusal is the indication of the wrong address of residence on the territory of Ukraine or the address of mass registration (this is the address at which more than 50 people are registered). Within 15 working days, employees of the migration service check the fact of a person’s residence at the specified address. In the matter of obtaining a residence permit, it is necessary to take a responsible approach to the collection and preparation of documents, as well as the address of residence in Ukraine.
Хочу от своего имени сказать спасибо, что оставили Ваши контакты для обсуждения Вашей задачи. Вы доверились нам, и я лично гарантирую, что мы как минимум не подведем вас - и как максимум удивим.
The head of the department will personally contact you during the working day, but I would like to ask you to subscribe to one of our social networks of your choice. This is not a formality, we are really developing and lawyers publish interesting articles weekly. Every subscription is important to us!
One second of your attention, don't close this window.
I see that you have not contacted us. Perhaps you didn’t find something, because the site doesn’t fit everything. As the founder of the company, I doubt that we cannot be of any help to you, because you have visited this page after all. In this regard, I am making you an offer that has no analogues in Ukraine.
Leave your number
And if the head of the practice does not contact you during the day, he will replenish your account by 300 UAH.