Reading time: 3 min.
Carrying out care on a permanent basis is one of the ways to protect the rights and interests of persons who cannot independently provide for their household needs.
It helps them receive the necessary support, which is why it is important to find out exactly what needs a person has.
For example, this may include medical care, assistance with daily routines (dressing, bathing, feeding, etc.), assistance with mobility, and other personal needs.
There are several categories of persons for whom the indicated social service may be assigned, namely:
- children with disabilities under the age of 18 and adults who have been disabled since childhood;
- citizens who have reached the age of 80;
- persons with disabilities of the 1st group or persons who have received the opinion of the medical commission of a medical institution that they need constant external care and are not capable of self-care.
In accordance with the current legislation of Ukraine, it is possible to legally establish the fact of providing care for a person who, according to medical indicators, needs it.
The first and most important step in the registration of permanent care is the collection of the necessary documentation and the formation of an application for appeal to the social protection body.
In this article, we will explain what you should pay attention to when preparing for the registration of care.
- It is necessary to start with the medical substantiation of the need for external care: for example, it can be a conclusion of the medical and advisory commission of a medical institution or a certificate of a medical and social expert commission indicating the information that a person needs constant care.
- Another important point is the confirmation of family ties with the person for whom it is necessary to issue care, as well as evidence of common actual residence or registration.
- If it is necessary to issue monetary compensation to a person who provides care on a non-professional basis, it is important to collect information about the income of the caregiver and other family members who live with him; and information about not being registered at the employment center.
- Compilation of an application for issuing, based on the submitted documents, an Act establishing the fact of providing care (in the case of the need to accompany a person abroad) or assigning monetary compensation to a person who is a caregiver.
Summarizing the above, the collection of documents necessary for registration of permanent care is a key stage of this procedure, as it depends on this the possibility of the social security authority accepting your application for consideration and legal confirmation of the fact of providing care.
Since each situation is individual, questions often arise when preparing and submitting an application, so it is important to seek help from a specialist in a timely manner.
Lawyers and attorneys of our company have experience in accompanying care registration and will be able to provide qualified advice, help in the formation of an application and the necessary list of documents, as well as provide full legal support for the case.