Reading time: 2 min.
In accordance with the Rules for Crossing the State Border by Citizens of Ukraine, citizens of Ukraine with disabilities of groups I, II, III have the right to travel abroad without restrictions.
That is, the establishment of a disability group for a conscripted man gives him the right to freely cross the border even under martial law.
Of course, in order to exercise this right, it is necessary to have a complete package of documents confirming that the person is a disabled person of the 3rd group.
To cross the state border, persons with disabilities of group 3 must have the following documents:
- documents confirming disability (certificate in form No. 157-1/о, certificate confirming the status of a disabled person, pension certificate or a document confirming the appointment of social assistance). The best is an ID card with a disability, since there were precedents that a person was not allowed to pass with a certificate from the Ministry of Education and Culture.
Grounds for traveling abroad for disabled persons of the 3rd group
Group 3 disabled persons can travel abroad for any purpose, including:
- for treatment;
- for recreation;
- for training;
- for work;
- for other personal purposes.
Peculiarities of travel abroad for disabled persons of the 3rd group
When crossing the state border, disabled persons of group 3 may be offered additional control measures, for example, presentation of an MSEK certificate and an identity card with a disability.
The border control body may refuse to cross the state border to a disabled person of the 3rd group in the following cases:
- if a disabled person of the 3rd group does not have documents confirming his identity and citizenship of Ukraine;
- if a disabled person of group 3 does not have documents confirming disability;
- if a disabled person of the 3rd group has a ban on traveling abroad, established by a court or other state authority;
- if a disabled person of the 3rd group is suspected or accused of committing a crime, which is being investigated or prosecuted;
In case of refusal to cross the state border to a disabled person of the 3rd group, the border control body is obliged to provide him with a written explanation with the reasons for the refusal.
A disabled person of the 3rd group has the right to appeal the decision on refusal to cross the state border to the court.
Assistance of a lawyer
A lawyer can help disabled persons of the 3rd group in case of problems when crossing the state border. For example, a lawyer can:
- provide advice on the procedure and reasons for traveling abroad;
- help in the preparation of documents for crossing the state border;
- to represent the interests of a disabled person of the 3rd group in case of disputes with border authorities.