Reading time: 3 min.
In life, there are situations where, for one reason or another, there is a need for financial assistance. If a person works, he has the right to apply to his employer for financial assistance. And for military personnel, there is a different procedure for receiving material aid, namely on the basis of a report on the provision of material aid.
The procedure and grounds for submitting a report for material assistance to the Armed Forces of Ukraine are regulated by the Procedure approved by the Order of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine dated June 7, 2018 № 260.
Grounds for providing material assistance
Material assistance is provided to servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the following cases:
upon discharge from military service in connection with:
- upon expiry of the contract;
- state of health;
- family circumstances;
- reduction of staff and numbers;
- upon transfer to another position or to another unit;
- when moving due to a change of residence;
- in the event of a natural disaster, fire, accident, theft or other circumstances leading to material losses;
- in case of death of a serviceman or his close relatives;
- in case of other circumstances stipulated by the legislation of Ukraine.
Report submission procedure
The report on material assistance is submitted by a serviceman to the commander (chief) according to his subordinate. The report must be substantiated and contain information about the grounds for providing material assistance.
The following documents are attached to the report:
- the report itself on the provision of material assistance;
- a copy of the military serviceman’s passport;
- a copy of a military ticket;
- a copy of the family composition certificate (if necessary);
- other documents confirming the grounds for providing material assistance.
The commander (chief) reviews the report and makes a decision on the provision of material assistance. The decision of the commander (chief) is formalized in an order.
Amount of financial aid
The amount of material assistance is determined by the commander (chief) according to subordination, taking into account the financial condition of the serviceman and his family. Material assistance is paid in cash within the limits of funds provided for these purposes.
The term of financial assistance
Material assistance is paid no later than 30 calendar days from the date of submission of the report.
A military serviceman has the right to turn to a lawyer for help in case of refusal to accept a report on financial assistance. A lawyer will help a serviceman:
- check the legality of the refusal;
- prepare a complaint about the decision to the commander (chief) of a higher level;
- to represent the interests of a serviceman in court.
In case of refusal to accept the report for material assistance, the serviceman has the right to appeal to the commander (chief) of a higher level with a complaint. The complaint must be submitted in writing within two weeks of receiving the refusal.