Reading time: 4 min.
This payment has been introduced in Ukraine since July 1, 2021, in accordance with Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers № 713. It applies to military personnel who retired before March 1, 2018.
The main goal of introducing an additional 2,000 hryvnias to the pensions of the specified category of citizens was to gradually overcome the significant disparity in the amount of financial support of various groups of military pensioners.
Who is entitled to additional payment?
All military pensioners who retired before March 1, 2018 have the right to an additional payment of UAH 2,000, in particular:
- Servicemen of the Armed Forces, the National Guard and other law enforcement agencies
- Employees of the SBU, the police, and the border service
- Military pensioners of all ranks and positions
- Participants in hostilities from among the dismissed employees of the security forces
- Other military pensioners of similar departments and units
That is, it refers to all former military personnel and law enforcement officers, regardless of the place of their last service, their position or special rank. The main thing is the date of dismissal and the appointment of a pension by March 1, 2018.
The procedure for reimbursing the additional payment of UAH 2,000
In order to renew the accrual and receive a monthly supplement to the pension in the amount of 2,000 hryvnias, a military pensioner must take the following steps:
- Submit a written application to the territorial body of the Pension Fund with a request to calculate and resume the payment of the appropriate supplement, referring to the relevant resolution of the CMU from 2021.
- To receive a written refusal of the Pension Fund to meet the requirements for accrual and payment of UAH 2,000 per month.
- On the basis of such a refusal, apply to the court with an administrative lawsuit for the compulsory recovery of accrued, but not paid, supplement to the pension.
A military pensioner will need the following documents to substantiate his claims in court and submit them to the court:
- Passport and certificate of residence registration.
- Individual tax number (required for personal identification).
- Documents on the availability of benefits (certificate of a war invalid, a participant in hostilities, liquidator of the Chernobyl accident, etc.).
- Pension certificate or a certificate from the Pension Fund about being registered and receiving a pension.
- Other available documents: dismissal orders, calculation of pension, cash certificate at the time of dismissal, etc.
In order to receive such a supplement, military pensioners must apply to the court with a lawsuit against the Pension Fund. After all, a pension is a regular income that will be paid monthly for years. Therefore, it is worth defending your right to a fair amount of pension in court.
Recently, on April 26, 2023, the Supreme Court of Ukraine made 4 decisions at once in favor of military pensioners in disputes with the Pension Fund regarding the additional monthly pension supplement in the amount of 2,000 hryvnias, which is provided for by Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers № 713 of 2021.
In particular, the Supreme Court came to the conclusion that the recalculation of the amount of a military serviceman’s pension, carried out by the PFU solely for the purpose of implementing and enforcing the previous court decision, which recognized a violation of the individual’s right to an adequate amount of monetary support, cannot be considered as a change in the components of the pension or its main indicators.
Thus, the Supreme Court confirmed that a military pensioner retains the right to an additional payment of UAH 2,000 despite any previous judicial recalculations of the pension.
In a situation where you need to defend your rights with a problem related to the payment of pensions to military personnel, the lawyers of “Prikhodko&Partners” will help you, who will direct their efforts to protecting your interests and finding the optimal solution in your particular case. Contact the professionals!