Reading time: 3 min.
Cash assistance for the recovery of military personnel is a cash payment that is provided to military personnel to cover the costs of recovery.
Who can get financial assistance for the recovery?
It is provided to servicemen who have the right to annual basic leave or part of it, in the amount of a monthly allowance.
How many times can you get?
The aid is paid once a year.
The procedure for receiving financial assistance for the recovery of military personnel
In order to receive monetary assistance for rehabilitation, a serviceman must submit a report to his commander. The report should state:
- Surname, first name and patronymic of the serviceman;
- Military rank of a serviceman;
- Date of start and end of leave;
- The amount of financial assistance for recovery that the serviceman requests to be paid.
The commander of the military unit examines the serviceman’s report and makes a decision on the payment of monetary assistance for rehabilitation. In the case of a positive decision, the commander of the military unit issues an order to pay monetary aid for rehabilitation.
Cash assistance for rehabilitation is paid to military personnel at their place of service no later than 10 calendar days before the start of leave.
Is it possible to receive health benefits and not go on vacation?
A military serviceman can receive cash benefits for recovery without going on leave if he does not wish to use the right to annual basic leave. To do this, it is necessary to indicate in the report that there is a desire to receive help for recovery without going on vacation.
Assistance of a lawyer
In case of problems with receiving financial aid for rehabilitation, a military serviceman can seek help from a lawyer. A lawyer will help a serviceman:
- Correctly prepare a report on the payment of monetary assistance for rehabilitation;
- To protect the rights of a serviceman in the event of a refusal to pay monetary assistance for rehabilitation;
- To appeal the decision of the commander of the military unit to refuse payment of financial aid for rehabilitation.
Additional opportunities for receiving financial aid for recovery
Military personnel who have the right to annual additional leave for special conditions of service are entitled to receive financial assistance for recovery for this leave.
Also, monetary assistance for rehabilitation can be paid to servicemen who are released from military service. In this case, cash benefit for recovery is paid on the day of dismissal.