Reading time: 3 min.
Grant programs are popular in Ukraine and even during martial law because every starting entrepreneur wants to constantly attract additional funds for the development of his business.
Today, there are grants from many international organizations, and our state itself offers to participate in various programs.
However, not all citizens know where to apply and what grant programs exist, and as a result, many problems arise in practice.
That is why in this article we will talk about how to get a grant for export development for agro-entrepreneurs from USAID AGRO.
What is the purpose of the grant program?
- Potential restoration and effective development of the export potential of products produced in Ukraine with added value;
- Involvement of Ukrainian processing enterprises in the systematic entry into international markets in targeted chains of added value creation;
- Strengthening the stability of enterprises in the field of food industry, which conduct active export activities and have strategies aimed at increasing exports.
What are the requirements for applicants?
The USAID AGRO program establishes the following requirements for applicants:
- to submit an application, the applicant must be registered as a public organization, business association, or non-state enterprise, have a good business reputation, be recognized by the state authorities of Ukraine, and also comply with all applicable civil and tax laws;
- having a minimum of 2 years of experience in performing similar activities;
- willingness to invest in this activity at least 15% of the total project budget;
- proposals and submission of resumes of candidates for at least 3 of the following positions: a) project coordinator; b) an expert on building a marketing and sales department at the enterprise c) an international expert who will be responsible for the development of the declared region/country.
What is planned to be provided under the grant program?
The USAID AGRO program provides up to UAH 22,650,000 through three sub-grants.
The amount of each such sub-grant is up to UAH 7,550,000, but its final amount will depend on the sub-grant activity and the results of negotiations between the applicant and the grantor and may increase in general or decrease proportionally.
The approximate duration of one such sub-grant should not exceed 24 months. It is expected that the start date of the implementation of the program within the sub-grant that will be allocated to the winner is November 27, 2023. The type of sub-grant agreement will be determined in the negotiation process.
Do you want to participate in the grant program, but do not know how to apply correctly?
In the event of such a situation, be sure to contact qualified lawyers – the “Prikhodko and Partners” law office.
Our specialists will help you choose the most profitable grant program that meets all your interests, and will also provide assistance in preparing an application, drawing up a business plan, and much more. Do not delay and contact us!