Reading time: 3 min.
Smuggling belongs to the category of negative phenomena in the life of modern Ukrainian society. This problem significantly worsened with the beginning of martial law in our country. Weapons, ammunition, and narcotics are often moved across the border. In this article, we will consider the issue of drug smuggling in detail. If you need the help of a lawyer under Article 305 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine – drug smuggling, the specialists of our law firm Prykhodko and Partners will help you with this.
Legislative framework of the issue
Article 305 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine regulates responsibility for smuggling narcotic drugs, as well as psychotropic substances, their precursors or analogues. We are also talking about the smuggling of falsified medicines. Counterfeit drugs are fake drugs for medical or medicinal purposes. In most cases, these medicinal products were manufactured in violation of established requirements, official certificates, etc. Artisanal methods and underground production are most often used for counterfeits.
In most cases, the movement of narcotics is carried out bypassing customs, border and customs controls. Article 305 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine stipulates the following responsibility:
- The minimum term of punishment is imprisonment from 5 to 8 years.
- Confiscation of property.
- Deprivation of liberty for a term of up to 10 years – commission of a crime by a group of persons or commission of a similar crime within a year from the moment of prosecution under Article 305 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine. Imprisonment for a term of up to 10 years is also possible for the commission of a particularly large crime.
- Imprisonment for a term of up to 12 years – the criminal acts were committed by an organized group, the subject of the illegal act – falsified medicines and narcotics in particularly large quantities.
Assistance of a lawyer in the case of drug smuggling
If you are charged under Article 305 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine, you should involve a professional lawyer in the case as quickly as possible. Lawyers Prykhodko and Partners will provide adequate protection of the accused under this article.
Very often, in our practice, we encountered situations when the rights of citizens were violated by representatives of law enforcement agencies by performing the following actions:
- Illegal searches.
- Conducting interrogations without the presence of a lawyer.
- Putting pressure on the suspect.
- Compulsion to testify against oneself.
Of course, under the pressure of law enforcement officers, suspects sometimes feel panicked, depressed and confused. In such a situation, it is very important to control yourself and refuse to give any evidence. It is very important to remember all the details of the search and wait for the defense attorney to arrive.
Lawyers Prykhodko and Partners thoroughly know the legal framework for dealing with cases related to the smuggling of narcotics.
Our services include:
- Prompt departure to the place of search or detention of the client.
- Consulting in 24/7 mode.
- Detailed study and analysis of criminal case materials.
- Protection of the client’s interests at the stage of pre-trial investigation and in court.
- Participation in investigative actions.
- Appeal of the rendered decision in the court of higher instance.
Thus, a timely request for help from Prykhodko and Partners lawyers is a guarantee of receiving high-quality professional protection. We will be able to provide, if not the client’s acquittal, then at least a significant reduction of the punishment.
Do you still have questions? We are waiting for a preliminary consultation! To calculate the cost of a lawyer’s services under Article 305 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine, fill out the form below.